As a part of its mission to raise the level of economic discussion and financial literacy in Ukraine which directly influences the quality of policy decisions, Kyiv School of Economics, VoxUkraine, Visa and ICU, with the support of Kyivstar, have set up the Centre for Excellence in Economic Journalism.
Training program “Economics, Markets and Data Analysis” is the three-months module training program developed by Kyiv School of Economics specifically for journalists. The program provides an intensive training for those who believe that journalists have an impact on economic growth and want to be a part of this impact.
This course is for journalists who:
- Regularly prepare materials about economics and business, but feel the lack of knowledge
- Occasionally prepare materials about economics and business, willing to do it more often and professional
After the course you will be able to:
- Turn datasets into interesting stories
- Make market review for goods and services
- Understand the financial statements of companies, compare companies, monitor the development of companies over time
- Analyze the performance of banks and produce materials about the banking market
- Prepare materials on state and local budgets
- Prove your point of view reasonably during the debate
Trainers of the course:
- professors of the Kiev School of Economics
- VoxUkraine analysts
- experts of the National Bank of Ukraine
- leading economic journalists
Duration and format of the course:
The training will be held in Kyiv on the premises of KSE (Dmytrivska 92-94), as for the graduation and one of the days of study in December – locations will be announced additionally
The 4 offline modules will last for three days each (September 20-22, October 18-20, November 22-24, December 19-21) from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Online training – you can do it yourself at a convenient time, but we’ll remind you of deadlines
Homework – four articles / stories using the knowledge gained during the study. Mentors from CEEJ KSE graduates will guide you if needed
The selection process:
Stage I – registration from August 1 to August 20 (please provide CV and three examples of journalistic work on economic or business topics, on this stage – professional development and quality of work are being evaluated)
Stage II – telephone or online interview with those who have passed Stage I ( on this stage we assess motivation, common sense, attitude towards the profession standards) from 21 to 31 August
The results will be announced on September 1. We plan to select a group of 30 journalists, two-thirds from the regions.
Training is free of charge and provided by ICU, Visa and Nova Poshta
Regional journalists will receive return tickets and accommodation for the duration of the study provided by Internews Network and USAID
What you receive:
CEEJ KSE Certificate – If you complete your homework and complete an online test, you will also receive an academic certificate of study results if necessary.
Membership of the SEEJ KSE Alumni Club is a community of professional economic journalists who are the first to learn about the best jobs and opportunities and receive invitations to closed events with interesting newsmakers. Currently, the Club brings together more than 130 journalists
Significant discounts on paid events of the Kiev School of Economics
Contact with the program manager Oleksandr Yaremenko:
Phone: Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp – 380666303426
Mail: [email protected]